Shoes Untied

Friday, November 23, 2007

Self Installed Seat Belts

A while back the seat belt in my car gave out. It happened while I was buckled up in a Best Buy parking lot (but that's a whole other story). I checked around at some auto parts stores to purchase a new one but found out that nobody will sell them to the general public for liability reasons. I knew from experience that the Volvo dealership would want a ridicules amount to fix it so I had no choice but to try and replace it myself. I finally found one on eBay and ordered it. It was a pretty elaborate process to remove the old one and install the new one but I got it changed and it seems to be working fine.

The following website is available if you would like to track the success of this project: Seat Belt Project Update

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home